Jonathon Blake wrote:

> OOo needs a complete rewrite, if it is to be usable by people who
> require a11y features.

This is not true. I agree that the a11y support could be better, but you
should know the code better before you make claims like this.

Simply speaking, OOo uses the a11y support from Java and so only
supports tools built for it. If there was another platform
independent standard OOo wanted to support there would be a lot to do in
the code but even then we wouldn't need a complete rewrite.

The problem on Windows is that there is no native a11y support. When MS
needed support for MSOffice they paid 3rd party vendors to develop
software tailored to it instead of creating a platform solution open for
other products. OOo is not able to do the same but OTOH can't use the
tools that are hand-carved for MSOffice.

Best regards,
Mathias

Please reply to the list only, [EMAIL PROTECTED] is a spam sink.