On Sunday 08 October 2006 10:06 pm, ec ecml wrote:
> Hello,
> I am interested in trying out OpenOffice but only to download the
> Writer/ word processing and Cal/spreadsheet program.
>
> I would like to know the estimated space required to download the
> OpenOffice Writer and the space to downlaod Calc.
>
> How do I download only these two programs?
>
> If I have to downlaod the whole suite, can I then disable the
> programs that is not needed?
>
> Looking forward to a quick reply from you and using Open Office in
> the office I am working in!
>

> Regards
> Ellen

      If you are sure that you only what to use Writer and Calc, then
you need to do a custom install. Begin the install by clicking on the
installation icon on your desktop (if you are using Windows). One of
the early windows in the installation process gives you a choice that
includes Custom Install (or perhaps it is Custom Installation). Click
that choice, and continue the installation. It will allow you to
choose Writer and Calc only.

Dan