Michele Zarri wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I generally use the "official" releases, but when a feature I am interested
> in has been integrated in the latest developer's snapshot I try it
> immediately. Now in m188 there was the dual monitor support which I really
> needed therefore I have installed it and now I have the problem of having to
> port all the customizations made to OOo 2.0.4 to OOo-dev.
> In particular I want to port:
> - my keyboard shortcuts
> - my autocorrect entries
> - my toolbar linked to my macros
> - my macros
> - some events
> - my custom colours
> - my custom dictionary entries
> - my templates
> - (maybe there is some more..)
>
> I have found a way to import in OOo-dev the keyboard settings and the
> templates, but that's it, so I have adopted a rather drastic strategy i.e.
> copy all the user directory and the shared directory of OpenOffice into
> OOo-dev. It has some slightly bad side effects which will be solved when the
> next OOo-dev snapshot is installed, but does the job.
>
> My question: is there a better way?

You shouldn't apply customizations to the "share" folder. This will save
you from losing anything. :-)

Copying the user folder is OK, it would be easier to adjust the
bootstrap.ini/bootstraprc file and let it point to the same folder as
your 2.0.4 version. It's the "UserInstallation" line in the file. Just
compare it with the one you find in the 2.0.4 version, it should be easy
to grasp.

Ciao,
Mathias

Please reply to the list only, [EMAIL PROTECTED] is a spam sink.