Williams, Brian wrote:

> Good Morning,
>
> I am trying to remove the openoffice.org2 directory from my "application
> Data' directory. (This is of course Windows XP Pro)
>
> I have done the following:
>
> *     Copied the openoffice.org2 directory from "application Data" to
> a new site (actually c:\)
> *     Started openoffice and entered "options", then changed all the
> paths entries from ....Application data to the new directory
> *     Deleted the openoffice directory from Application Data
> *     Tried starting OO writer - unfortunately it goes through initial
> start questions and rebuilds the "application data' directory entries.
>
> Help - I do not want it to use "application data" at all if possible.
>
> What do I need to change for this to work?

You should do it differently.

Copy the whole OOo directory in your "application data" folder somewhere
else and change the "bootstrap.ini" file to point to the new location.
If you copied everything to "C:\" you now should have a folder named
"c:\OpenOffice.org2". So you have to change the "UserInstallation" line
in the bootstrap.ini file to

UserInstallation="file:///C:/OpenOffice.org2"

Be sure that neither OOo nor the quickstarter are running while you edit
the file.

Now start OOo. If everything looks fine you can remove your folder in
"application data".

Of course this manipulation of bootstrap.ini only works if you don't
need different user profiles for several users using the same installation.

Ciao,
Mathias
Please reply to the list only, [EMAIL PROTECTED] is a spam sink.