Hi Peter,

Peter Flynn wrote:

Barrie Backhurst wrote:

Peter Flynn wrote:

what I'm looking for is NOT reveal codes -- anyone can get them from the
XML -- but a margin display of the style used against each
paragraph-level object in my document, so I can see at a glance what
named style has been applied and where, without having to select it and
see what gets highlighted in the Style dock.

I don't think it is possible via the interface.

OK, thanks. That's a pretty fundamental omission if the intention is to encourage people to use named styles for consistency. If the only way to see what style has been applied to a specific chunk is to highlight it and bring up the Styles window each time, it's just going to be too tedious for anyone to use.
[...]

I think it is a nice idea.
OTOH, I've not seen situations, where applied styles are that large in number ánd not distinguish enough to speak of a 'pretty fundamental omission'. Just my opinion of course.

Regards,

--

Cor Nouws
Arnhem - Netherlands