The problem is only if you jump from one language to another. Otherwise, if you have to write mainly in Czech, you use the Czech version of OpenOffice (see <http://cs.openoffice.org/index.html>). For other characters, you have to use Insert > Special Characters. You don't havee to change the font.
Marc H.