David McKeown wrote:

> version 1.1.5 on a windows 2000 platformI'm trying to make a template
> spreadsheet in Calc so people can easily graph a series of data by only
> having to copy and past it in. However the length of the data series
> will change and i dont want the user of the template to have to
> redefine the data range everytime they want to use the template. I have
> thought if the user enters the length of the data series into a cell
> then it could be used as a variable in the data range. I havent been
> able to find a way to do this. Is is possible? or is there another
> simple way to achive what i am after? could it be done using macros?

It would be no trivial matter, I suspect, to write script.  Looking at my
version, 2.0.2, there seems to be no way to change the data range
independently.  In other words, I suspect that any script would have to set
up the chart afresh.

I suppose you are aware of the chart project?
http://graphics.openoffice.org/chart/chart.html .  Whether it will cater for
this sort of situation is another matter.  Somewhere in the maze of
websites, you may be able to find intelligible details.  You can download
OOo with the new chart module for test driving.

I understand that the developers hope to have the new chart module available
in 2.2.3.  There is a release timetable somewhere in the Wiki if you want to
search for it.