Kirill S. Palagin wrote:

> Hello everybody.
>
> As far as I understand, last used printer is saved in the file.
> Is there a way to stop OO from doing this?
>
> Such bevabior creates problem in case of file used by several users.
There's no way to stop OOo doing this currently. I agree that there
should be one. I'm working on a related problem: if people are working
in a global WAN and they move from e.g. US to Europe they face huge
delays each time OOo tries to access the printer last used for the
document if it is a network printer on the other continent.

In most cases storing printer information is only a convenience feature
(that obviously becomes an inconvenient one in certain cases). In some
cases it comes in handy to do it, e.g. if you have documents in special
formats that can be printed only on certain printers. We have to find
out if there are other ways to handle this.

As users don't want to play with options I think that a new feature that
allows to switch off storing printer options makes the most sense if it
can be the default setting. Before we can add this we must thoroughly
investigate in which cases this can create problems so that we must
either help or warn the users. In the worst case we must automatically
switch on storing printer information for this document though I don't
like magic functionality.

If you want you can create an issue and assign it to me (mba).

Ciao,
Mathias

Please don't reply to "[EMAIL PROTECTED]".