Peter Hillier-Brook wrote:

> Whilst I was having a little joke at Dan's expense - and my dig was at the
> French origins of the metric system, not the German usage of it - there is a
> serious point to be made. If OOo is prepared to support the Imperial system
> of
> measurements, then usable support would be a good thing. 1/100 mm is entirely
> different to 1/100 inch and the correction of this deficiency would surely
> not
> be a major coding exercise.
I'm not sure if I understand. Are you asking for 1/100 inch support in
the GUI? Internally Writer will surely not be changed to support
anything else than twips or 1/100mm.

But you shouldn't underestimate the effort to support an additional
metrics system. You have to write some code (or more a lot of), create
new test cases and execute them, write new help content and more. I
doubt that this will happen just to add support for another non-standard
metrics system.

Ciao,
Mathias

Please don't reply to "[EMAIL PROTECTED]".