Sent: Saturday, November 17, 2007 6:41 AM
Subject: Re: [users] [moderated]How

Wilbur Holland wrote:
I bought, paid for, downloaded and registered OpenOffice a few days ago.  My system is Vista.  Now, how in the world did OpenOffice change all of my WordPerfect12 files throughout my entire computer into OpenOffice writer files?  And, how do I get them back into WordPerfect?
Wilbur Holland
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

1) You did not have to pay for OpenOffice.  It is a free download from www.openoffice.org.

2) I have never heard of that happening with Word Perfect files, though it will happen with Microsoft Office files, depending on what you select during the install.  Somehow the file associations have been changed so that Word Perfect files are now associated with OpenOffice.  It is easy to set them back, by following these instructions.

Changing file associations

Right click on file icon
Select Open With > Choose Program...
Check "Always use the selected program to open this kind of file" and choose the desired application.
If that method is not available, follow the directions listed here:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307859

Please respond only to the mail list (users@openoffice.org) and not directly to me.

--
 Use OpenOffice.org