> Hi all,
>
> I import a *.csv data file with 3 cols and 999 rows with "Edit - Copy"
> from Calc to Base with "Edit - Paste".
> I get the following error:
>
> S1000 General error java.lang.NullPointerException in
> statement [SELECT * FROM "ACB-ABC-AS400"
> WHERE "ACB-ABC-AS400"."ID" = ?]
>
> Continue anyway?

> When I continue anyway, the table is placed in Base.
>
> What causes this error, and what effect will it have?

I've experienced the java.lang.NullPointerException error on imports as
well. Not certain the cause but, if I remember correctly, I've prevented the
error by making certain the first row of data doesn't have any null columns.
In cases where null was the correct column value I've entered a space or
zero depending on the intended data type of the column. Not having any nulls
in the first data row seems to prevent the error.

I don't remember any differences, except the lack of error message, when
importing from a source that has a null value vs doesn't (either non-null is
correct value or I've inserted a space). For my part this has only been done
with small tables, 20 - 200 rows, and not many operations have been
performed on the data afterwards. In that limited environment I haven't
encountered a difference in the tables that were created with the import
error and those that were created without the import error.