On 18/03/2008, Our Lady of Hope Parish <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I am using OpenOffice version 2.3.  My problem is that I have the same
> version on my computer at home and at home I get so much more fonts to work
> with and here I only get a few.  Why is this?

I'm assuming you are using Windows. If not, then please come back here with
details because what I'm going to say won't apply.

In Windows the fonts you have don't depend on OpenOffice but on Windows
itself. To install more fonts:
1. Click the Start button
2. Click Run...
3. In the box that opens type "fonts" (without the quotes) and then hit the
Enter key.
You will get a Windows Explorer pane from which you can select the fonts you
want to add. If you want one that's not in the list, do File>Install New
Font... and then choose either the folder into which you have previously
downloaded a font from the internet or a CD/DVD with fonts recorded on it.

I'm not sure why your two computers have different fonts. Could be just that
you bought one later than the other and these things change, or different
vendors with different ideas or ...

--
Harold Fuchs
London, England