On 19/03/2008, Meg Parkes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I am using version 2.0 of OpenOffice.org and my problem is:
> I can't set page numbers on my open document.
> I have tried the help page instructions:
> insert - footers... but there is no box to choose position, type of
> numbering and no number appears in the footer box.
> Please advise.
> With thanks,
>
> Meg Parkes

Insert>Footers>Default and then Insert Fields. Choose Page Number. The
number 1 will appear at the left end of the footer. Use normal formatting
options - font, centre, bold, whatever - to format it. Of course you can
also enter text before and/or after the number such as "Page ".

If you double click immediately to the left of the page number a pane will
open which lets you choose all sorts of different styles such as Roman
numerals in upper or lower case and so on.

--
Harold Fuchs
London, England