2008/3/19, William Viers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> I download Open Office.org version 2.3.1 for windows twice.  It will not
> open.  I get the message OOo_2.3.1_Win32Intel_install_wJRE-en-US.exe is
> not a valid Win32 application.  I've spent 12 hours making 2 downloads
> figuring the first dowload might be corrupt.   I am running Microsoft Window
> XP Professional with 5.1.2600 Serivce Pack 2 Build 2600.  My computer is a
> Dell OptPlex 320 X86-bsed PC which is running C:\\WINDOWS\system
> 32.  Physical memory is 1,024.00 MB.  Available Physical Memory 419.18MB.  I
> have the full Sun Java updates.
>
> Why will your program not recognize my Win32 application.
>
> THANK YOU.
>
> Bill Viers
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Hello Bill,

Your system certainly is up to the task of running OpenOffice.org.
Maybe look at the instal FAQ:
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/FAQ/Installation
Or there might be a problem wit the MS Installer
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301

In general, MS isn't too keen on installing 'alien' software...
If these indications don't help you solve the problem, come back to the list
--
Guy
using dutch OOo 2.3 m221 on a iMac Intel DualCore Tiger