2008/4/27, Fund Manager <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> How can I send an Open Office doc as an attachment to someone who only has
> MS?
>
> They were unable to open the doc.
>
> When I tried it on my computer that doesn't have Open Office it was able
> open as a Google doc but not in MS.
>
> Thanks ahead of time.
> HZ

I guess it depends on who you ask. Some people will export to PDF, some will
convert to MS Word and some will just not convert it at all. I guess I
belong to the last category. I would tell the receiver to either install
OpenOffice.org (or AbiWord or any other ODF compatible), OR I would tell
him/her to install the ODF converter for MS Office. It can be found on Sun's
site. I have not tried it myself, since I am 100% Microsoft free, but it
might just work.

J.R.