2008/5/21 John Kaufmann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> James, the OP has his answer by now, but I have a follow-up WRT your reply:
>
> In a message dated 2008.05.21 13:06 -0500, James Knott wrote:
>
>  Click on Format > Page.  On that Page Style panel, go to the Columns tab
>> and make your selection there.
>>

> Isn't making Columns an element of Page format a deficiency?  How would one
> then set up, say, a 2-column block at the top of the page and then later a
> 3-column block?
> --
> John

Hello John,

To obtain the result above I would use a section, or a frame. With both
sections and frames you can define the number of columns independently from
the number of columns present in the page where they are inserted. The good
thing of using frames is that you can create your very own frame style (a
3-column one in your case) and insert it when required.
I do not think that page styles should be used as layout tools, for that
purpose a template is much more appropriate IMHO.

Cheers,

Michele