Subject: Open Office  class info
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2008 10:02:36 -0700
From: Stephen P Rufle <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: list <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, sam <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

If know anyone that would like to take a class in Open Office
NOTE: Since the class is completely online there is no need to actually go to the college campus

BPC110 - OpenOffice.org class
Thu, 2008/07/17 - 01:14 — lufthans

BPC110 is an online class covering an introduction to the OpenOffice.org
application suite. It starts August 25th, so sign up now.

Students will be learning OpenOffice.org applications with practical, hands-on exercises and assignments. There will be an emphasis on word processing, spreadsheets, databases and presentation software. Each topic will be covered for about 3 weeks.

Students will submit lab assignments once a week via the WebCT course management tool, and all quizzes and exams will be taken online via the Internet. Classwork depends on OpenOffice.org, a web browser, flash and java. Since all of those applications are cross-platform there isn't a requirement to use a specific operating system.

Since the class is completely online there is no need to actually go to the college campus.

Sign up via Maricopa Community College's web site.

In the class search use the 'Additional Search Criteria' section to
search for classes from instructor 'Vening'. The class description is generic to the course, so lists Microsoft Office even though this
particular section will be using OpenOffice.org.

Contact the instructor, Vening at mail.mc.maricopa.edu with any
questions. The class runs 2008Aug25 to 2008Dec19.