Dotan Cohen wrote:

> I need to add a formula to a paper that I'm working on in Writer. This
> is a native OOo Writer document, created in the same OOo installation
> that I'm working with, and saved as odf. Insert->Object->Formula is
> greyed-out, that is, it is deactivated. I tried opening a new document
> and there, too, the menu item is greyed-out. Why is this, and what can
> I do?
>
> This is with Open Office 2.4 on Kubuntu 8.04.

Hi Dotan,
FWIW, the formula function works normally on Debian Lenny using OOo2.4.1. I
can create formulae either from the File->New->Formula route or the
Insert->Object->Formula route (the one you describe). I should mention that
I get my updates via Openoffice's own automatic update feature and not
(directly) from Debian packages. Sorry I don't know anything about Kubuntu
but I thought it was similar to Debian. I guess not in this case.
Cheers,
Jonathan
Please do not send me copies of list mail. I read the lists. Thanks!