[EMAIL PROTECTED], 2008/07/20 1:19 PM:
Hello Guys My System is Windows XP PRO. Plenty of Memory. I downloaded Open Office 2.4 and it installed, seemingly without problems, BUT-- The Wizard was too dumb to give me a desktop Icon to start the application, leaving me wondering how to crank it up and GO. Instead, the Install process put a Folder on desktop containing 24 packages, 3 folders, 2 installers, and 2 setup icons. Nothing in there CRANKS UP THE OFFICE Ensemble to make it GO.

Did you look in Start>Programs? That is where all installed programs are listed.

Please bring the Wizard back to Earth from its orbit around Pluto and make him add a START BUTTON to his Installation process. (Or tell me how to crank it up.)

Please learn the standard location to look for installed programs.