On Wed, 23 Jul 2008, Harold Fuchs wrote:

2008/7/23 Brian Barker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

At 13:14 22/07/2008 -0400, Francine Perlman wrote:

In Word, I was able to make labels through "Merge Wizard" from a table
full of names and address.  The Merge feature in OpenOffice Writer only
permits letters and the Labels feature seems only to permit a page full of
the same label.  Is there a way to do this?

I think so.  I'm not an expert in labels, but the help text claims you can
use the Labels feature to create a set of different labels.  There is a page
in the help text headed "Printing Address Labels" but which is indexed under
"labels;from databases".  This provides very concise but accurate
instructions, I think.  Note in particular steps 7, 8, and 9, which allow
you to create different rather than identical labels.

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker

This tutorial may help:
http://openoffice.blogs.com/openoffice/2006/07/mail_merge_labe.html

The tutorial refers to making labels from database information. What do you do to make labels from spreadsheet data?

--
Bob Holtzman
 check the price of the beer"