2008/8/15 H.S. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Hello,
>
> So, OOo 3.0 is up for release in a month or so. I was wondering if
> anybody has been reviewing it as its betas are released. I am most
> interested to know progress on the following.

Hello HS, you can download and test the latest beta yourself. It will
not interfere with version 2.4.1 (or whatever version you have
installed now). It is always very useful to have as many people as
possible to test the beta versions in order to discover bugs.

As far as I know:
> 1. Comments and tracking changes.
I do not think there has been any change compared to version 2.4.1 in this area

> 2. Making index at the end of a document.
Can you clarify what you mean?

> 3. Mode similar to the outline mode in MS Office.
If similar is all you need then you should consider the navigator. It
is not as polished as the MS Office OUtline view but it has all the
same functionalities. Hit F5 make the navigator window as big and
select the Headings category. You can promote, demote, move up and
down each heading and select how many levels to view.

> Is there anyplace I can find screenshots of most recent version of OOo
> 3.0 beta x demonstating these features?

For a summary of the major enhancements introduced in OOo 3.0 you
should read the article on www.oooninja.com/ (I would like to give you
the full link, but my ISP is having a DNS nightmare and I can only
connect to a few sites :-(

Cheers,

Michele