2008/8/21 H.S. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Hello,
>
> Keyboard short FN f3 gives a numbered equation in OOo 2.4, but its style
> is Text Body. If I change anything for my document in Text Body, the
> numbered equation also change (obviously). But I want numbered equations
> to remain as they are.
>
> So how do I make sure that FN f3 produces equation in a differet style,
> for example, in a style named "Formula"?
>
> Thanks in advance.

The style of the numbered equation is in fact (or should be) Table
Contents which is hierarchically linked to the Text body style, so
when you change your text body, the table contents style also changes.
An easy solution therefore is to change the Table Contents to suit
your needs, however if you have other tables in your document you will
find that also the text in these tables is affected which is not nice.

I am not sure how easy it is to change the embedded autotext code
associated fo FN so I would follow J-B's suggestion of creating a new
one.
The easy way:
1. Type FN then F3 to insert an autotext
2. format the numbering to your liking
3. select the numbering and drag it in the styles and formatting
window to create a new paragraph style which you will call "Formula"
4. select all the table
5. select Edit > Autotext from the main menu (or Ctrl + F3)
6. Pick the category My AutoText, enter a description and a shortcut
then select the Autotext button on the right and click New

You can now use your new shortcut + F3 to insert a numbered formula.
The drawback of this method is that you are re-using the same variable
as the FN shortcut and the same formatting.

The complicated way would be to format the numbered formula
differently (e.g. using a paragraph style with some indentation and
tabulation instead of a borderless table); define your own numbered
range. At this point follow stepse 4-6 above to create an autotext.

Cheers,

Michele