2008/9/3 Bruno Costacurta <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> Hello,
>
> I define few headings (Level 1 and 2) in my documents (without numbering).
> They appear in the Table of Contents (created via Insert...Table and Index...)
> But they disappear as soon if I set a numbering for the heading setup (via
> Style and Formatting) and Table of Contents is empty.
>
> So how to obtain numbering in Headings and display them in Table of Contents ?
> Should I also modify Index / Table setup ?
>
> I'm using OpenOffice v3.0.0.Beta build 9328)
>
> Thanks.
> Bye,
> Bruno

Hello Bruno,

It is generally better to use the outline numbering function Tools >
Outline numbering to set up the chapter numbering rather than
associating a numbering to the Heading styles.

Go to tools > outline numbering, select level 1 and pick the paragraph
style you want to associate to it, then the numbering style. Repeat
for levels 2 to 10 as needed and click OK.
Go to the table of contents and refresh (F9 or tools > Update > all).

This should do the trick.

Cheers,

Michele