Hi all

We would like to build a mysql-cluster with two mysql-servers in a
master-master configuration. We're trying to use mysql-mmm [1] for a
fail-over setup. Both mysql-servers are running in their own container
on two different host nodes.

Now, what mmm does is to manage a set of IP adresses, so that at any
time a specific dynamically assigned IP belongs to one server still
being on-line (in case one of them goes off-line). The mmm-monitor
(running on an again different machine) sends the commands for acquiring
or releasing a specific IP to the mmm-agent running inside the
mysql-server container.

When CTs are configured with venet, this setup doesn't work, since in
this case the IP addresses are managed by CT0 and adding an IP from
within a CT only affects that specific CT, but it has no effect
whatsoever on CT0 and the world doesn't get to see this IP.

So I tried to use veth instead (according to [2]). I configured on each
mysql-server a virtual ethernet device. But then I realized that in
order to make the virtual device on the host node accessible to the
world, I need to manually add a route on CT0. Again this doesn't work
for our mmm setup, since the IPs of the CTs (mysql-servers) need to be
dynamically configured from inside the CT.

Is there any way to let a CT manage its IP adresses itself without
having to change anything on CT0?

Thanks in advance
Roman

[1] http://mysql-mmm.org/