On 01/24/2013 08:03 AM, Alex Leonhardt wrote:
same here, ovirt 3.1 from dreyou's repo ...

vdsm-python-4.10.0-0.44.14.el6.x86_64
vdsm-cli-4.10.0-0.44.14.el6.noarch
vdsm-xmlrpc-4.10.0-0.44.14.el6.noarch
vdsm-4.10.0-0.44.14.el6.x86_64

Alex

On 24 January 2013 12:33, Alexandru Vladulescu <avladule...@bfproject.ro
<mailto:avladule...@bfproject.ro>> wrote:

    On 01/24/2013 02:25 PM, Itamar Heim wrote:

        On 24/01/2013 04:24, Alexandru Vladulescu wrote:

            Hi guys,

            I remember asking the same thing a couple of weeks ago. Itamar
            answered
            to be the same, should check the vdsm.conf file for nfs mount
            options.
            Because I did not had the time to do test this until now, I
            return with
            the test results.

            Well Alex it seems to be right, on the 3.1 version, if you go
            and edit
            the /etc/vdsm/vdsm.conf file, on line 146, I uncommented the
            nfs_mount_options parameter and changed it to :

            nfs_mount_options =
            soft,nosharecache,noatime,__rsize=8192,wsize=8192

            Went in Ovirt interface, put the node from Hosts tab into
            Maintenance,
            so that the ISO domain and Master Domain will get unmounted
            automatically; restarted the vdsm service on the hypervisior
            server and
            activate the node back from GUI. Upon mount command, there is
            no change
            or difference between what I have added and what was configured
            automatically before.

        I remember something about you must not pass any nfs option from
        ovirt, or it will override the vdsm.conf.
        are you trying to set nfs options from both engine and vdsm.conf?

    Basically, I had 2 questions, one was like Alex asked and it is in the
    current topic, and the other was suggestion to add these nfs
    configuration parameters changes into the GUI in Storage tab. I asked
    if besides the retrans, timeo and vers is it possible to add anything
    else in the future GUI devel.

    Must mention, I test on 3.1 version from dreyou's repo.

This is key. There was a bug where vdsm did not take the vdsm.conf nfs_mount_options into consideration [1], which was fixed upstream in 4.10.1--so after the version you are running. There was also a complementary patch in engine--the two work together to fix this issue.

If you had the fix, you would simply need to be sure to not check the "Override Default Options" checkbox for your NFS storage in the UI. However, without the fix, I think the most straightforward way to accomplish what you want is to configure the storage using a Posix domain as Itamar suggested earlier in the thread.

I'll leave the question of adding additional, custom parameters in the UI for others to answer. Seems like it could be useful, but can be accomplished other ways.

[1] http://bugzilla.redhat.com/826921

               type nfs

(rw,soft,nosharecache,timeo=__10,retrans=6,vers=4,addr=x.x.__x.x,clientaddr=x.x.x.x)

            Might this be a bug on vdsm to be fixed ?

            Alex.