Hi,

Am Mittwoch, 27. Dezember 2023, 16:01:49 CET schrieb Jorge Visentini:
> Hi Julian,
>
> As far as I know, Ceph with managed block storage is not supported by
> oVirt...
During Engine installation, you are asked if you want to enable Cinderlib
(this is in Technology Preview)

> Out of curiosity, did you use any documentation? Can you briefly describe
> us or give us a step-by-step guide on how you did the configuration? This
> interests me a lot.
High level "documentation" is available in a design document[0].
More concrete examples are given in a blog post[1].

> I would like to use managed block storage here.
As it stands right now, Cinderlib is usable but has some issues with VM
migration where vdsm has some false assumptions about state.

In my opinion, if we see any meaningful development of ovirt or its forks
again, Cinderlib and Ceph would be the big features that can keep the software
relevant for the future.

[0] https://www.ovirt.org/develop/release-management/features/storage/
cinderlib-integration.html
[1]
https://blogs.ovirt.org/2021/07/using-ceph-only-storage-for-ovirt-datacenter/
--

Julian Fölsch

Arbeitsgemeinschaft Dresdner Studentennetz (AG DSN)

Tel.: +49 351 271816 69
E-Mail: julian.foel...@agdsn.de

Studentenrat der TU Dresden
Helmholtzstr. 10