This is not a known bug. Despite your providing a helpful detailed account,
I am unable to see the possibility of a second “earlier” deadline in the
life of an AMQP connection.  Even being off by one.

Please raise a JIRA including any additional information you can think of.

Obviously a reproducer would be ideal, but may be hard to provide.

Are you building your own Proton libraries from source? If so I could try
to put together a patch that would be more resilient in the abort case and
gather some additional bread crumbs to help analyze the circumstances of
the failure.

Cliff