Hi RTEMS Community.

GitLab is will be open and accounts can be created from 12PM EST / 5PM GM.

This email explains getting an account and signing onto GitLab.
We did not bring any of the existing accounts over to GitLab so you can create
and set up a new account that suits you. It also means we only end up with the
accounts for users who want access. Accounts are personal to you, we do not
allow shared accounts.

Creating an Account

To create an account head to our GitLab server at https://gitlab.rtems.org/ and
then click the “Register” link. If you happen to click “Sign In” click the
“Register now” link below the sign on in the “Don't have an account yet?” area.
The GitLab documentation on managing your Profile is
https://docs.gitlab.com/ee/user/profile/. You can use any email address and all
emails we send are personal emails to you.

Term of Service (TOS)

You will need to accept our TOS agreement for your account to be created. The
TOS covers code of conduct, contributed code licence and privacy policy. It also
covers your conduct if you are a code owner and approver.

Setting up 2FA and SSH key

We require you to use 2FA. A number of client apps should work. GitLab’s
documentation on 2FA is
https://docs.gitlab.com/ee/user/profile/account/two_factor_authentication.html.
To clone a repo to make a merge request you will need to add an SSH key to your
account. The GitLab documentation to do this is
https://docs.gitlab.com/ee/user/ssh.html.

GitLab Roles

We have defined roles for the projects we have, for example GitLab
administrators, code owners, groups and approvers. We need accounts to complete
adding the roles we have in the project. If you have an existing role in the
RTEMS project, for example maintainer of an architecture, please make your
account and then please create an Administration issue detailing the roles you
have

If you need help please join the #gitlab-support channel on our Discord server.
You can find our invite link here https://www.rtems.org/discord. We will also
respond to posts on this list when we have the time.

Regards
Chris Johns
RTEMS GitLab Team