Hi RTEMS Community.

This email explains RTEMS Issues in GitLab.

GitLab is will be open and accounts can be created from 12PM EST / 5PM GM.

All valid tickets in Trac have been brought across to GitLab. This is the fourth
move of this database and each move adds a layer of complexity as we align the
fields and data in the issues. We ask you to review issues in GitLab you are
working on or interested in long term and please make any suitable adjustments
if you think they are needed.  If you are curious we have gone from GNATS ->
Bugzilla -> Trac -> GitLab.

Trac Issues Import

Importing the Trac issues into GitLab was a complex time consuming task and
could not be done with GitLab launched and in use. As we could not bring the
Trac names across as the only accounts in GitLab were the RTEMS GitLab team. We
did not want to create user accounts and asking for user accounts to match
existing Trac accounts was difficult and fragile. The most pragmatic solution
was to strip the names we could not match.

Trac had a single issue database for all RTEMS projects and the projects shared
a single issue number. GitLab supports per-project issues with independent issue
numbers. We could not break up the single Trac database into the projects we
have in GitLab. As a result all Trac issues have been imported into the
RTOS/RTEMS project. The issue should have a label that details its origin.
Please do not move tickets from before #5004 from RTOS/RTEMS as it breaks the
history. Anything after RTOS/RTEMS issue #5004 can be moved.

New issues should be made in the related project, for example  make RSB tickets
in Tools/RTEMS Source Builder.

Issue Templates

We have basic issue and merge request templates located at
https://gitlab.rtems.org/rtems/gitlab-config/-/tree/main/.gitlab. The templates
will evolve as we learn to work with GitLab.

Assignee

We have imported all issues with the Assignee of “Trac Migrate”. If you have an
existing ticket in Trac and you would like to own the issue and its history in
GitLab please update the Assignee field. if the issue

Labels

GitLab only has labels so keywords and components have been consolidated as
labels. Please review existing issues in RTOS/RTEMS for examples on what to use.

If you need help please join the #gitlab-support channel on our Discord server.
You can find our invite link here https://www.rtems.org/discord. We will also
respond to posts on this list when we have the time.

Regards
Chris Johns
RTEMS GitLab Team