Hi Peter,

> pretty new to Sling :)
>
> Would love to use or implement an instrumentation tool that would track
> every resource's (ValueMap's) access to the database.
>
> So, my first question, Whether there is such a tool already ?
> If not, what would be the good part to add instrumentation to ?

Welcome to Sling!

If you use Sling together with JCR, then your JCR implementation is doing
the access to its persistence layer (a database in your case). It also
might cache data in memory. But the database access is abstracted away from
the consumers of the JCR API.

So whenever you read a ValueMap from a sling resource, it's likely that it
is doing a request to the JCR (but not guaranteed). Also there are things
in Sling, which might cause a number of requests to the database, but this
is totally transparent to Sling itself.

If you want to track the requests to the database, you should do it on the
JCR level.

cheers,
Jörg

--