Hi all,

I ended up using Oliver's suggestion of the urlrewritefilter, which I
configured to redirect from the root path (i.e. /^/$/) to /index.html. Note
that this requires the Servicemix bundle version of the
org.tuckey.urlrewritefilter as the standard JAR doesn't included OSGi
metadata.

I did also see the configuration for default extensions in the Resource
Resolver Servlet (servletresolver.defaultExtensions), however it doesn't
seem to do what it says (unless I am misunderstanding the description).
This is set to html by default.

Many thanks for the suggestions.

regards,
ben