Hi!  I have a Sling instance set up using the S3 backend and am making a
request like this to perform a HEAD operation on a large file node:

curl -I 'https://sling.example.com/some_big_file'

I see a fair bit of delay to retrieve the headers.  I did a little poking in
the code and it looks like the StreamRendererServlet and
SlingHttpServletRequestImpl might try to get the whole object from the S3
backend instead of performing only an amazonS3Client.getObjectMetadata() call
to populate the headers.

Can someone confirm whether this is the case?

If so, is there a workaround that would allow me to retrieve the content length
for the node without pulling the node content into the repository read cache?

If not, does it seem worthwhile for me to file an issue for this?

Thanks!  John