Hi,

I want to automate the initial deployment of a Sling instance (AEM 6.3),
and some bundles require that I provide additional bootdelegation
statements. I want to provide this information before the first startup and
it would be great, if after this startup the application would be 100%
working.

But it looks like that in order to make the bootdelegation effective I need
to restart the instance. Before the restart the bundle in question is on
resolved state and fails with a ClassNotFoundException on a class contained
in the package I added with the bootdelegation.

sling.bootdelegation.class.com.rsa.jsafe.provider.JsafeJCE = com.rsa.*

The exception:
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.rsa.asn1.ASN_Exception not
found ...

What I did:

* Place all files in place
* Added my bootdelegation statements to ${sling.home}/sling.properties
* started up the instance

The instance starts up fine, and I can also see in the webconsole
(/system/console/status-slingprops) that my bootdelegation statements are
picked up.
But the bundle stays in resolved, throwing the mentioned
ClassNotFoundExceptions.  After a restart of the instance everything is
fine.

Is it possible to make the bootdelegation taking effect immediately or do I
really need to restart the instance first?

thanks,
Jörg

--
Cheers,