On Wed, May 09, 2007 at 12:14:24AM -0500, Gabriel Millerd wrote:
>   Beyond the s/3.1.20/v3.2.0/ issue that some people cannot get past.
>> I have the same issue. I had to juggle my cf/pre files entries for
>> quite some time to get past the check_scan problem you describe for
>> spamd to run peachy. I, like you I suspect, loaded up one single file
> >with all my config entries. The v3.2 suite seems to want these in a
>> number of files. Where v3.1.x was forgiving I guess.

>The config code didn't really change between 3.1 and 3.2.  3.2 doesn't
>care if you have one pre file or twenty.  However, what does matter is
>that you have all the loadplugin lines that you need to have.  In 3.2,
>the check() function was pluginized, and so you need to load a plugin
>that implements the function or else you don't have a check() function.
>Without that function, SA can't scan anything, and so it helpfully alerts
>you to the fact that you don't have this functionality.

  There is 1 configuration change, and that is the directory the updates are
store in.
The installation process failed to update the sa-update in my local bin
directory,
so it was using the old 3.001... directory, instead of the 3.002... one.
I manually copied the sa-update program over, and the problem is gone.
.