On 17.07.07 10:40, Anthony Kamau wrote:
> I'm faced with a dilemma on how to use sa-learn with mail forwarded from
> a user's inbox on Exchange to the sendmail server.  Since we just
> recently started using sendmail as a front end server, our bayes system
> is still in its infancy and spam is getting through to user inboxes with
> scores lower than our threshold of 10 and thus not being clearly
> identified as spam on the subject line.  My intention is to have a user
> forward spam back to sendmail server and use sa-learn to help the
> scoring system get better fast.

my experience tells that exchange rewrites mails very often in such a
horrible way that mail from exchange should be never used for SA training.

Try to send all copies of received e-mail to special mailbox on your front-end
server
and whenever your user reports false positive/negative, run sa-learn (or
spamassasin -r/-k) over the copy.

--
Matus UHLAR - fantomas, [EMAIL PROTECTED] ; http://www.fantomas.sk/
Linux is like a teepee: no Windows, no Gates and an apache inside...