Fernando Gutierrez wrote:
> Hi, I have two spamassassin installed, one SUSE 10.1 and another redhat 9 .
> Suse has sa 3.1.3 and redhat has sa 3.1.4
>
> With suse the sample-spam.txt scores to 12, and with redhat scores to 1000,
> any idea why?, the SUSE installation is on production and running all right,
> redhat is not, As it is oudated I had to patch it with the dag packages

It is impossible for us to know because we do not have access to your
servers.  However it is easy for you to know by running spamassassin
in debug mode and have it print out what hit on each message and then
comparing them.

Pipe the same sample spam message through spamassassin in debug mode
and compare the results summarized at the bottom of the output.

  | spamassassin -d -t -D 2>&1 | less

This will result in something similar to the following:

   pts rule name              description
  ---- ----------------------
   0.9 FUZZY_VPILL            BODY: Attempt to obfuscate words in spam
   0.1 HTML_90_100            BODY: Message is 90% to 100% HTML
   0.3 HTML_FONT_SIZE_HUGE    BODY: HTML font size is huge
   4.0 MIME_HTML_ONLY         BODY: Message only has text/html MIME parts
   2.4 DRUGS_ERECTILE_OBFU    Obfuscated reference to an erectile drug
   0.5 DRUGS_ERECTILE         Refers to an erectile drug
   1.1 HTML_MIME_NO_HTML_TAG  HTML-only message, but there is no HTML tag
   ...more lines deleted...

Comparing your two cases should make it obvious.  But scoring 1000
sounds like a gtube test.  Which means that the installation *not*
scoring 1000 is missing rules and should be debugged and fixed.

Bob