On 17/12/2008 8:26 PM, jida...@jidanni.org wrote:
> Sure we can do
>   meta META0 TEST1 && TEST2
> but say TEST2 is expensive, and we only want it to be run if TEST1 is
> positive. I suppose SpamAssassin's whole train of thought has no ifs
> ands or buts, other than a method of quitting early, but that not what
> I want to do. I suppose branching is only possible on the procmail level.

To achieve this you can either write yourself a custom Check plugin or
write a plugin to take are of alongside the normal Check plugin.  Just
be sure that however you implement it (lots of ways to do it) that not
running the check and then deciding to do it later really is worth the
trade off vs just doing it in the first place... ie if you're concerned
about a regular regex check just do it, if it's some sort of plugin
you're already set to have the plugin run late and decide if it should
run or not.

Daryl