On 18/12/2008 1:00 PM, Marcin Krol wrote:
> Jeff Mincy wrote:
>> Try doing sa-update of the normal rules before you use sa-update of
>> additional rule sets.
>
> Hmm, how do I do that? sa-update -–channel updates.spamassassin.org ?

Sure, or just run sa-update without a channel parameter or so create a
channel file (or use --channel on the command line more than once) and
do it all at once.  See my SARE sa-update page for details:

http://daryl.dostech.ca/sa-update/sare/sare-sa-update-howto.txt

> Is there a way to *sensibly* combine JM's rules with those from Debian
> package?

Is there some reason you don't want to use the updated rules from the
SpamAssassin project itself?  They're essentially from the same people
with a tiny bit more QA than Justin's sought rules.

> Sure, I can do sa-update ... and then move those files
> elsewhere, rename them etc. But is that a right thing to do?

IMO, it's not.

Daryl