Quoting Kai Schaetzl <mailli...@conactive.com>:

LuKreme wrote on Thu, 14 Jan 2010 06:31:48 -0700:

I've always been hesitant to try
running SA during the transaction because I was afraid it would take
too long.

Indeed, that's why I would not consider it. And I assume if you do it this
way that also means you have to scan *every* message and not only the 10%
that make it thru normal MTA rejection by policy.

Virus and spam scanning get done here in the data phase within Exim. That is well after RBL rejection, greylisting, etc. High scoring spam gets rejected at SMTP time. Average message scan times are between 0.2 and 1.5 seconds.