On 30/10/2010 1:12 PM, dar...@chaosreigns.com wrote:
In the last two network mass checks, today and a week ago, only 3.1% and
3.4%, respectively, of the corpora has been spam.  Why?

I had an IBM Deathstar go on me. Although I thought it had, moving my mail spool and personal home directory to a RAID array never made it to the top of my to-do list. To make it worse, my backups-to-disk array failed the week before. I've never been able to justify a tape library for home, so I'm without any backups now.

If anybody at a major data recovery firm feels like helping me out, I'd appreciate it. I'm on the fence right now about spending big $$ to recover the data.

Such an extreme drop has happened three times before in as many years,

That's a pretty good record given the volunteer nature, I think.

but this is the first time it was the result of a multi-week trend,
and the first time it stayed so low two weeks in a row.

That's probably a result of me having been running a city council election campaign in October and not having time to get mass-checks running again on what mail I can collect from caches. Unfortunately, for the SpamAssassin community, I was elected so time continues to be short on my end. Although I do think that I got it pretty much working last night so their should be results sometime today. I maybe having some DNS issues though, so it might be another week or two before I have solid results.

Regards,

Daryl