On Tue, 2 Sep 2014, Chris wrote:

On Tue, 2014-09-02 at 07:20 -0700, John Hardin wrote:
On Tue, 2 Sep 2014, Chris wrote:

On Mon, 2014-09-01 at 21:17 -0700, John Hardin wrote:
On Mon, 1 Sep 2014, Chris wrote:

System is Ubuntu 14.04 LTS I use fetchmail linked with procmail.

Permissions on the ~/.pyzor/servers files and directory is:

drwxr-x---   2 chris chris      4096 Jul 17 09:28 .pyzor
-rw-r----- 1 chris chris 23 Jul 17 09:28 servers

Are you using this with spamc/spamd, or spamassassin-per-message? If
the former, what user is spamd running as?

Morning John, I'm using it with spamc which is called by a procmail
recipe in my home directory which I would 'assume' makes it being run as
user 'chris'.

spamc is running as chris, spamd (the daemon) is probably running as a
system account with (1) a different notion of what "~" refers to, and (2)
no permissions to access chris' home directory.

See the other answer that was posted; you may need to explicitly set the
path to the pyzor config files to a shared (vs. per-user) location.

John, I think you're referring to this:

ifplugin Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::Pyzor
pyzor_path /usr/local/bin/pyzor
pyzor_options --homedir /home/chris/.pyzor
endif

That's what I was referring to.

I added this to my local.cf and it appears to be working now. At least
this showed up at the end of a spam report:

PYZOR Results are Reported 3 times.

The fact that spamd can see into your home directory suggests you're running spamd as root. I was allowing for it being run as a less-privileged user.

  Maxim II: A Sergeant in motion outranks a Lieutenant who doesn't
  know what's going on.
  Maxim III: An ordnance technician at a dead run outranks everybody.
 15 days until the 227th anniversary of the signing of the U.S. Constitution