Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:
I remember I have asked the same some years ago.
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/spamassassin/users/104646

the explanation was that the current rule detects empty subject the same as
no subject at all. IIRC it was in fact the same rule as it is now:

header __HAS_SUBJECT           exists:Subject

In a 2007 posting:
| The header "exists:header_name" test really converts into:
|  header_data =~ /./

It was true years ago, but is no longer the case.
The 'exists:' now tests for a presence of a header field
(regardless of its header body - empty or not).

A test like:
  header L_EMPTY_SUBJECT  Subject !~ /\S/

triggers on both cases: missing or empty Subject header field.

Its counterpart:
  header L_NONEMPTY_SUBJECT  Subject =~ /\S/

Mark