Tim Taylor wrote:
For the last few days (from 31 Jan 2015), sa-update has been failing on my server. I've checked and can't see that any package updates happened around then, so I'm puzzled by why this is happening (it's been working fine for
over a year beforehand).

I'm running sa-update version svn1475932 (with Perl version 5.18.2) on a
64-bit Ubuntu 14.04 box.

Running "sa-update -D" shows the following output:
[...]
So the update is not getting the expected sha1 verification. There are 4
mirrors in MIRRORED.BY, and I've tested it with each one selected
individually and the others removed, but I get the same result for each
mirror. I also reinstalled Digest::SHA1 on CPAN, but still no joy.

Has anyone else noticed this problem, or is it just me? Any ideas how I can
fix this? Is it a problem with my installation or with the mirrors?

Perhaps you have an existing (old or corrupted) file 1655961.tar.gz
with a timestamp younger than the timestamp of this file on the
web server, and the -z option in curl is preventing a new file to
be downloaded.

  Mark