Hi,

    I've posted the spamfilter.sh file to http://pasted.co/7b794ccd

    I don't see anything in there about verbose logging, but there are
two lines in there with a resemblance to your suggestion:

logger -f $SALOG -p mail.notice -t spamfilter <<<"Spam filter piping to
SpamAssassin: $SPAMASSASSIN -x -E -s $MAX_MESSAGE_SIZE"

    and

logger -s -p mail.notice -t spamfilter <<<"OK.  Piping to sendmail:
$SENDMAIL $@"

    The second one seems to be after-the-fact, so I think I could modify
the first one.  Should this be cut down to:

$SPAMASSASSIN -x -E -s $MAX_MESSAGE_SIZE

    to avoid the logging process?

Yes, you can comment out this line:

logger -f $SALOG -p mail.notice -t spamfilter <<<"Spam filter piping ...

and this one:

logger -s -p mail.notice -t spamfilter <<<"OK.  Piping to sendmail: ...

Basically, the first and last "logger" lines. That's a good start.

Regards,
Dave