I just tried out the new Subversion 1.7 beta today and had a question regarding the new working copy format:

With the Subversion 1.6 working copy format, since a .svn directory was in every directory, I would sometimes take advantage of the fact that a subdirectory could be copied out of a checkout and made into a new top-level checkout.

For example, if a project called test was checked out into c:\checkouts\test and it has a subdirectory called module1, I could copy module1 into c:\checkouts\module1 using a regular filesystem copy and use it as a full top-level checkout.

With the new 1.7 working copy format, if I did the same copy, I won't get the .svn folder of course.

Is there a way to create a new top-level checkout of a subdirectory with the 1.7 working copy format? I realize that I can always just do a fresh checkout from the server for the subdirectory, but looking to see if there's a way I can use the local filesystem since I already have the files checked out, especially if it's a large checkout.

Thanks,
Ryan