Many thanks for the response much appreciated, after fixing an issue with gpg
its working now

Regards

Mark
From: Daniel Sahlberg <daniel.l.sahlb...@gmail.com>
Sent: Friday, September 1, 2023 5:54 AM
To: Mark Wood-Patrick <mwoodpatr...@nvidia.com>
Cc: users@subversion.apache.org
Subject: Re: Problem storing passwords when using subversion

External email: Use caution opening links or attachments

Den fre 1 sep. 2023 kl 14:04 skrev Mark Wood-Patrick via users
<users@subversion.apache.org<mailto:users@subversion.apache.org>>:
I'm using subversion 1.14.1 on CentOS release 6.8 and trying to get subversion
to store my credentials.

Please check the svn --version command, it should say something like this
towards the end of the output:

[[[
The following authentication credential caches are available:

* Plaintext cache in /home/dsg/.subversion
* Gnome Keyring
* GPG-Agent
* KWallet (KDE)
]]]

Viewing ~/.subversion/servers it seems like passwords should be stored by
default.

In

~/.subversion/config

I have:

      password-stores = gpg-agent,gnome-keyring,kwallet

However, when I try to do a checkout it continues to prompt me to enter my
password, any idea what I'm doing wrong or how to determine why it's not
working?

Have you configured gnome keyring or kwallet?

Are you using Subversion within a graphical session or through SSH? I think
gnome keyring/kwallet are only available in graphical sessions.

Where can I find the correct version of the docs for subversion 1.14.1

The default compile time configuration in Subversion 1.12 to 1.14 disables the
plaintext cache (as you can see above, I have compiled my own version and
enabled the plaintext cache).

The FAQ explain this in more details.

If you can accept the security implications of storing the password in
plaintext there is a script available in the FAQ:
https://subversion.apache.org/faq.html#plaintext-passwords

Kind regards,
Daniel Sahlberg