Hi,

A user reported the above error in the TortoiseSVN user group [1]. I
advised them to send it here but for some reason that doesn’t work (I’ve
checked that it isn’t waiting for moderation). I’m taking the liberty to
copy the original question below:

——
Hey there, we do hotcopies of our repos every night. Occasionally, for some
time now, hotcopy fails with the following error:

  svnadmin: E150002: Destination 'K:\repo01\db\locks\2ca' already exists

Mostly, a second run finishes without any errors.

It does not happen to the same repos every day. So the next day it could be:
  svnadmin: E150002: Destination 'K:\repo05\db\locks\02c' already exists
or
  svnadmin: E150002: Destination 'K:\repo13\db\locks\039' already exists

The affected locks-folders are always different.

It happens to old repos that were not touched in a long time, as well as
currently used ones.

Destination is a SMB file share on a Synology NAS (HDDs). As I see,
svnadmin hotcopy clears the locks-folders in the destination every time.
Can it be that the NAS is just too slow and cannot keep up with this
process?

Thanks!
——
Kind regards,