On 27 Nov 2023, at 06:47, Daniel Sahlberg <daniel.l.sahlb...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Alas the error message mentions an invalid option, but doesn’t say which
> option, or why it is invalid.
>
> The documentation say:
> [[[
>   put SRC-FILE URL       : add or modify file URL with contents copied from
>                            SRC-FILE (use "-" to read from standard input)
> ]]]
>
> So as far as I'm reading the documentation, the command you are using should
> be supported. I would say this is a bug, either in the argument handling or
> in the documentation.
>
> Can you instead try:
> $ svnmucc put db.sql file:///var/lib/svn/db/db.sql
>
> I will bring this discussion to the d...@subversion.apache.org
> <mailto:d...@subversion.apache.org> to figure out if we need to change the
> documentation or if we can fix the code.

The "svnmucc put db.sql file:///var/lib/svn/db/db.sql” worked.

The “— -“ also worked, I think this is a quirk of apr-util:

https://apr.apache.org/docs/apr/1.7/group__apr__getopt.html#ga80d6ff2213da4e25406b3f179fa13989

Ideally the return message of APR_BADARG needs to be updated to hint that a “—“
might be needed.

Regards,
Graham
—