On Thu, Dec 07, 2023 at 05:27:57PM -0500, Mark Phippard wrote:
> I would also ask the project you are contributing to how they like to
> receive contributions. Maybe they have it documented. If they receive
> patches via mailing list like Apache projects do, then maybe you can
> see that list for examples of other contributions and what they look
> like.

I had actually tried looking for documentation and examples before
posting to this mailing list, but unfortunately, I wasn’t able to find
any. I ended up writing the documentation myself [1] now that my patch has
been accepted.

> The Subversion project had a commit message style the committers
> care about so I always would review recent contributions as a reminder
> ... of course you can also see those by running svn log to get a sense
> of what commit message style is in the project.
>
> Mark

I don’t think that they’re too picky. They made like 3 different typos
in a 5 word log message [2], lol.

[1]:
<https://community.kde.org/Infrastructure/Subversion#Committing_to_the_repository>
[2]: <https://websvn.kde.org/?revision=1666842&view=revision>