>Hosting providers such as github, are abandoning Subversion support.
>It is really on its last legs:

So it's a lot of old, boring technology too, but still used because it just
works and it's battle-tested.

I studied and deployed SVN for my team 8 years ago, after using it as an user a
lot. "Everybody" was already using git back then. SVN serves us well, we branch
when needed and use trunk/release branches when needed (the merge hell myth is
still around).

For my team particularly, we don't see the need (effort) to migrate, although
everybody has the usual github account/usage for other stuff. We keep our
Subversion server, backups and administration pretty private, with no "external
hosting" and the like.

My two cents,

Juan